Saturday, July 10, 2010

Not Your Ordinary Country Fair



The annual Eugene Country Fair is a big event around here. It's not your average country fair. I went about 15 years ago and in those days total nudity was allowed. Now genitals have to be covered, but everything else is allowed. I was hoping to get hundreds of photos, but the heat, the dust and the claustrophobic crowds wore me down. I was given a free ticket in exchange for a couple of hours of work for the restaurant Ring of Fire, for which I cut up many organic pineapples. The line for their booth was the longest of any I saw and people were really raving about their food. The rest of the time I walked around and tried to photograph as many people as I could, but the crowds made it very difficult. Here's what I did get.







































































Here's a little Youtube piece I made for my book Many Roads Traveled. I want to make a few of these for some of the shorter stories in the book.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:28 PM , Blogger Fran Wincek said...

Barbara!!! As usual, your photos and notes really made me smile!! You captured the essence and FUN of living in Eugene...THANK YOU!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home