Friday, June 18, 2010

Buddha, Slugs, Squirrels and Hiking



Above, the Buddha I carved during the rain. Over a period of three weeks, whenever the rain stopped I'd run outside and quickly carve something. Usually I'd have half an hour, but it eventually got done. The Hamsa (below) I carved for David's mom, Alice - it hangs over her front door. This I could work on inside.



Krisashwa and I hiked up to Spencer Butte again. This time we climbed to the very top of the rocks and discovered a local inhabitant who totally blends into the surrounding stones. Krisashwa tricked the squirrel by pretending to have food and I had fun photographing him. Next time I'm carrying squirrel food up. What a poser.












On the way down we almost stepped on this slug.



Krisashwa invited me to see her dance recital at the college where I shot lots of blurred movement photos.






Downtown Sculpture

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home