Monday, September 04, 2006

Buddha Finished!


I finally delivered Buddha to his new home. Abbot Ajahn Amaro and one of the monks helped me unload him and I could tell by their smiles that they liked him. They intend to build a small covered outdoor pavilion for him to stand under, but in the mean time he is standing in the main Dharma hall. The raised right arm is the Buddhist hand mudra representing fearlessness, the namesake of the monastery. The left arm is in the symbol for compassion. Here are a few pictures of Buddha from different views.






When I looked for contact information on the monastery's web site they already had their photo gallery filled with "Wooden Buddha" pictures. Check it out at: www.abhayagiri.org

1 Comments:

At 7:01 AM , Blogger David said...

It is an amazing piece of work. It has a beauty that whisks me out of the moment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home